Thursday 14 May 2020

Here's to you, husband!

As a first time mom, I've heard and read a lot about 'how pregnancy and child birth changes the life of a mother.' I have had people sympathizing and empathizing with me. I feel, we as moms get all the attention and importance we deserve and dreamt of, sometimes more than that. But today, I want to talk about a person who's been travelling this journey equally with me, but is the most neglected and often taken for granted. I want to talk about the unsung hero of my pregnancy story - my husband!

He has been my driver, nurse, chef and most importantly, my punching bag! He lived through my mood swings and hunger pangs, didn't lose his cool when I did, supported me like a mother in labour, and is now travelling this phase of fourth trimester with me - physically and emotionally! He is equally enjoying this all-consuming roller coaster ride of parenthood!

Lets take a moment to appreciate the magnitude of what the husbands and fathers have done and are doing! Here's to you all! <3

1 comment:

  1. Well said Saranya, as a first-time father, I can add that, no one talks about the emotional impact it has on fathers, especially when they hold the child for the first time, regardless of the gender of the child, something within changes and that remains forever. This cannot be explained or expressed in words in any way, but it is a beautiful feeling that is beyond compare.

    ReplyDelete